Monday, February 7, 2011

Assassins Creed Brotherhood: Game Review

Welcome to the Brotherhood 

   I would like to start off by saying that Assassins Creed Brotherhood isn't necessarily the Assassins Creed 3 we have been waiting for. Supposedly Assassins Creed 3 won't even be coming out in the next couple of years. Secretly I'm praying nightly that it's a giant rumor and it's right around the corner, but who knows?

The Story 

   Assassins Creed Brotherhood picks up where Assassins Creed 2 left off. You're still controlling Ezio, however this time you are only in Rome and don't travel around to different places. And, since everyone loved the "town" system in AC2 where you bought and upgraded things for Monteriggioni (I spelled that right on the first try, whaddup?), you get to do the same thing, but instead you're opening shops around Rome and buying all the ancient buildings for some reason. I feel like this was kind of sloppy, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember them really giving a solid reason for having to reopen the shops and buy things like the Coliseum, besides saying "lul da bad guiz taked ov3r ur sity nd u got 2 kill dem to take it bak 4 the ppl." I feel like they just could have come up with some other reason that made more sense I guess. Why would the Borgia people close the shops in the first place and why should a random assassin have to buy them back?

   However, despite some things that seem just thrown in there to make the game similar to AC2, the gameplay is still pretty fun. The story and the things that happen make sense. Ezio has to go through these memory sequences because memory sequence 9 has something important in it. Since they can't randomly access memory sequence 9, you have to "live" through all of them I guess. The first couple are tutorial sequences basically, and get you used to using the Mercenaries, Thieves, and the Courtesans. I really, really like the Courtesans, they're definitely the best out of the three. The story is fun and refreshing because it's not the same place as AC2 was, and I didn't feel like it was boring at all. On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being Modern AssShit 2 and 10 being The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, I'd rate Assassins Creed Brotherhood at about a 6. And since Ocarina of Time was so epic, it's rare for a game to get in the 8/9/10 range, so really anything above a 4 is worth playing 40-60 dollars for.

The Multiplayer 

   Wait, ACB has multiplayer? It seems like it would be weird to have multiplayer for this kind of game, but hey, multiplayer accessibility sells and I'm sure Ubisoft knew that. They, however, didn't just make some strange wanna-be Call of Duty with assassins, they made an entirely knew multiplayer experience which is just downright fucking awesome. I don't want to talk too much about what exactly is in the multiplayer, but if you click here you can check out a YouTube video by the one and only WiNGSPANTT which is a video of one of the game modes, and he commentates and gives a lot of tips and tricks. This multiplayer is definitely one of the most fun multiplayer experiences I've ever had. I'm pretty sure I've played more ACB online then Black Ops, because this multiplayer really doesn't get boring and it's different every time. It's much more relaxed too and not as competitive, you don't have try-hard caring about things like KDR and people trying to make cool montage clips for their pathetic YouTube channel.

All in all, buy this game despite the fact that your friends may say "but wat abot black opz?", because it's totally worth it. And also, if you don't buy it you will die a slow, painful death from my slow-acting poison. 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger